Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Frontier(s)


If you remember the band Elliot, then you remember the wonderfully complex 90's rock rhythms of their record "False Cathedrals", which for me is one of those timeless gems that I have listened to constantly, well after the band called it quits. The vocals, which are both harsh and hauntingly beautiful, were provided by Chris Higdon, the creative centerpiece for the group. Ever since they left the scene in the early 00's I've been secretly hoping they would resurface in one form or another, and I am excited to announce that Chris now has a new band called Frontier(s). The group is only in the beginning stages, but has some very nice demo tracks on the net. While the group seems to be more straight forward hard rock then Elliot, there are hints of the same genius, and that is more than enough for me. I couldn't find any music to embed, but here's their myspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment