Monday, February 16, 2009

Babylon A.D.

Vin Diesel, you may not be the best actor, action hero, and even a little down-syndrome, but you seem to be my only hope recently for the sci-fi genre. You've been been consistently getting roles in films that could have been much better starring someone else, but certainly could have been much worse as well. Basically you neither add or take away, your just there...you and your deep voice and muscles. Babylon A.D is no different...a film with a lot of potential in my favorite genre, but just ok. Not good, not bad, just Vin Diesel.
I'm not sure if this story is pre or post-apocalyptic, but as long as apocalyptic is somewhere in there I'll probably give it a shot. If nothing else the production design was quite interesting, very dark, grim, dystopian...just how I like it. Even the prominent French casting is fun, but in the end this is a Vin Diesel movie. This film slowly goes from mildly interesting, with decent action, too confusing and convoluted.
I won't say much more than that about the film, either you like this stuff or you don't...I do, so on a 10 point scale I would give it a very generous 6. But PLEASE, Vinny boy, I loved Pitch Black, but if your gonna be the guy in all the films I want to see, can you step up your game a little?




No comments:

Post a Comment