Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Knowing

Part Shyamalan, part Spielberg, and my wife hated it. This is an ambitious post apocalyptic, science-fiction story that tackles issues of faith, the purpose and existence of man, and all that philosophical goodness. Reviews for this film are mixed at best, but then again director Proyas is no stranger to this. His film 'Dark City' was also ill received, but is now considered a cult masterpiece by most. I loved the chilling vibe this movie exuded from the beginning, it successfully maintains intimacy while still giving us truly thrilling action. Proyas is definitely self indulgent and many will be turned off by his affinity for taking such wild concepts dead serious and delivering them on an extremely grand scale. Personally I love it. So go ahead and do another 'I. Robot' blockbuster if thats what the studios need in order to back you on projects like this. I'm with ya.




No comments:

Post a Comment